We strongly recommend that you receive information in this way to ensure you are kept well informed of news
relating to classes, activities and your child's Islamic education.
Zawiyah collects and uses personal information about staff, students, parents or carers
and other individuals who come into contact with the school. This information is gathered in order to enable it
to provide education and other associated functions. In addition, there may be a legal requirement to collect
and use information to ensure that the school complies with its statutory obligations.
Zawiyah will ensure that personal data will be:
- Processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed for other purposes
incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which data is processed.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Kept in a form that permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes
for which the personal data is processed.
- Processed in a way that ensures appropriate security of the personal data including protection against
unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate
technical or organisational measures.
The School will be able to demonstrate compliance with these principles.